Sunday, February 15, 2009

I did it!

Yesterday at yoga training, I took my final yoga instructor exam, and I passed!!!! This means that after learning the operations part of working at the studio (Sunstone), I can start teaching. So, I should definitely be teaching within the next month. I am so excited!

The really cool thing about passing the test was that I didn't plan to take it yesterday. I was actually expecting to take it in a couple of weeks. But, at training yesterday, when our teacher asked me if I'd like to "test out" with a couple of the other girls in my group, I impulsively said "yes!", and then I thought, "What the heck did I just do!?" I didn't think I was ready. In fact, I had planned on clearing the evenings for the next couple of weeks to study. But, when I got into the room to take the test, I didn't let my nerves take over (and boy did they try!), and I actually did really well! I was more prepared than I thought. One of my good friends from yoga was testing with me (she was pretending to be my student), and I think that helped ease my nerves a lot. Thanks Des!!!

Anyway, I'm so relieved to have the test over with. I'm can't wait to start teaching. I only have 2 weekends left of training, and then I'm DONE! I'll have my weekends back with Pat and boys. We are ALL very excited about that ;-) I'm so grateful for all the love and support Pat has given me during the past 6 months of training. It was a big sacrifice for him to give up his weekends for 6 months to watch the boys while I went to training (7:30AM - 7:00PM Sat and Sun), and he did not complain EVEN ONCE! Now is he not a great guy or what?!

Love,
Amy

3 comments:

Our Green Nest said...

That's awesome! Congrats. 7 - 7 every Sat and Sun for 6 months - wow! I would love to do that too in the future. Leigh Anne and I have talked about putting together a family yoga class w/i the holistic group before...maybe you would be interested in teaching it?

Tara James said...

Congrats Amy!! I bet you're so relieved. Once i'm not gigantic/prego, I'll definitely check out your classes! ~tara

Anonymous said...

Amy,
Love your blog!! (especially the quote at the bottom...) Going to try the chocolate pudding today! Congratulations on passing your test, I know you've put so much of yourself into that effort!! I plan to come by and limber up with you soon. Lana