Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Garlic Un-Cheese Dip/Sauce

I threw this combo together this morning, and it turned out so yummy!

approx 1 cup raw cashews (soaked)
garlic chives (regular chives would probably work)
garlic powder
salt
water

Blend everything in the Vitamix. A food processor or regular blender would probably work...you just may not get a silky smooth texture.

All ingredients are to taste and texture. I ended up using a lot more chives than I thought I would. Add just a little bit of water at first and then keep adding little by little...don't add too much or it will be too runny. The texture I ended up with was a queso/thick cheese sauce like texture.

It's so simple...yet so delicious! For lunch today, I dipped raw veggies in it and made a "white pizza"...even though the sauce has a tint of green to it...it still tasted like a white pizza. It was super easy to make; I just took an Ezekiel pita, spread on the sauce, topped it with minced chard and chopped tomatoes...then threw it in the toaster oven for a few minutes. It was AMAZING! Vance (my 2 yr old) gobbled it up too.

The sauce would also be a great replacement for hollandaise or alfredo sauce if you made it a little runnier.

Enjoy!!!!

Amy

No comments: