Friday, May 8, 2009

Paper Towel Challenge UPDATE

It's been a couple of weeks since we started using our cloth (flannel) napkins, and I just have to take a moment to reiterate how much we are loving them! The size is so perfect, and I love the fact that they are flannel...so soft and very absorbent. I haven't even come close to using all of the ones I bought yet because after our meals I usually just wet the used ones in the sink (if they have any food on them); rub in a littel dish soap; rinse in warm/hot water; squeeze dry, and hang them on my dish rack to air dry. The whole process takes under a minute. They dry so quickly, and actually we don't mind using them a little moist when it comes to the kiddos...they feel and function a lot like a disposable wet wipe.

I've also been using them to wrap up Ethan's "wraps" in his lunch.

So, in case you aren't ready to invest in a large quantity of napkins, start with 20 and see how you like them...it's only a $25 investment.

We and future generations will all benefit from being more mindful about the amount of trash we create on a daily basis :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tips and for sharing your experiences. I'd really like to try that someday soon.