Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Well, it's been a while since I last posted. Since my last post, I've been working on completing my yoga training, and I'm finally DONE...yay...finally! I taught my first class a couple of weeks ago, and boy that was quite an experience. I've been telling everyone that it was like running a mental marathon. I was so fatigued during the middle of the 90 minute class, I couldn't believe I had the whole last half to still finish. I never realized how much energy and mental focus it took to teach a class. I'm having to focus on every word I say, timing is critical, and then putting a lot of energy out there so that the students are motivated to push themselves in every posture for an hour and a half is really important to me. Needless to say, trying to do all that as a newby can be a bit overwhelming. I taught my fifth class tonight, and it went really well. So, each class seems to be getting better. All in all, I'm loving it! It's a great feeling to absorb all the wonderful energy that is created in a yoga room. Everyone always feels a bit high when they walk out, especially the teacher :-) Come vist me at Sunstone yoga.

Now that I'm not training on the weekends, we, as a family, are all enjoying having our time together on the weekends again. It's been so nice to sleep in a little, get up have a leisurely breakfast and then have the rest of the day to do whatever we want.

We did have a bit of drama last weekend. Ethan had to get stitches under his chin after falling during a gymnastics stunt on the furniture. All is well though...stitches are coming out tomorrow.

So, that's life right now. I've been feeling the desire to do some baking, so maybe the next post will be a healthy baked goods recipe. Stay tuned!

Love and peace to everyone!

Amy

No comments: